Monday, November 4, 2013

Critical Reaction Review


When a Warning Siren Screams in the Desert Night, 
the Worst Has Happened

After turning out plutonium for the Cold War, the shuttered Hanford Nuclear Facility's poisoned buildings may be a bigger risk than ever. The men who guard the facility from sabotage or monitor its buildings are told the dangers are under control. But then the worst happens--a thunderous explosion in the dead of night.

Kieran Mullaney survived the blast, but when threats and silence meet his attempts to discover what really happened, he reconnects with an old friend--inexperienced lawyer Emily Hart. Convinced Hanford is hiding something, they also realize their case is sunk without more help. 

Emily's estranged father, Ryan, has the courtroom experience they need, but he's grown jaded and weary of the profession. Still, it's a chance to rebuild ties to Emily, and the deeper he digs, the stranger--and more dangerous--the case gets.

Critical Reaction by Todd M. Johnson was a very interesting book. I have never been a very big fan of these types of Political/Legal Thriller books .  But I have been known to pick up a book by Joel C. Rosenburg or Randy Singer and enjoy it a lot. And today I have now added Todd M. Johnson to my 'like' list next to them. I quickly got caught up in the story and felt like it was all really going on. Definitely had me living in the book.
So if someone like me, who isn't big on this genre enjoyed reading this book, I'm positive those who do will love it. I for one plan on leading my copy to my friends who enjoy reading John Grisham books.

4 out of 5. This Afternoon Snack was full of flavor.

I got a free review copy of Critical Reaction from Bethany House Publishers in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment