Monday, October 6, 2014

Deceived Review



A grieving mother. 
A mysterious child. 
And a dedicated PI who's determined to solve the puzzle.

For three years, Kate Marshall has been mourning the loss of her husband and four-year-old son in a boating accident. But when she spots a familiar-looking child on a mall escalator, she's convinced it's her son. With police skeptical of her story, she turns to private investigator Connor Sullivan for help. As the former Secret Service agent digs into the case, the boating "accident" begins to look increasingly suspicious. But if Kate's son is alive, someone is intent on keeping him hidden--and may go to lethal lengths to protect a sinister secret.
As Irene Hannon's many fans have come to expect, Deceived is filled with complex characters, unexpected twists, and a riveting plotline that accelerates to an explosive finish.

Deceived by Irene Hannon is the third book in her Private Justice series. This book is written by one of the best suspense writers I have ever read! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time trying to figure out the mystery and the motive right along with the characters. Speaking of characters I absolutely loved the characters in Deceived! They were very true to life and it was very easy for me as the reader to connect with them. I like how you get to know who the 'bad guy' is from pretty much the start. That way you have to figure out the why instead of the who. There is no need to scrutinize ever character you meet along the way in case they are 'it', if you get what I mean. 
All in all I really really loved this book and can't wait to read Irene's next book, Buried Secrets! 

5 out of 5. A suspenseful Afternoon Snack! 

I got a free review copy of Deceived from Revell Publishers in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment