Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Lacemaker Review


It is the eve of a new age of freedom in the colonies. 
But can a proper English lady dare hope for her own independence?


Lady Elisabeth "Liberty" Lawson has nearly everything a lady of her position could want. Daughter of the British lieutenant governor of the Virginia Colony and a darling of fine society in a rugged land, she is anticipating an advantageous marriage. That her betrothed is a rake and love is lacking is of little consequence--or so she tells herself.

Though her own life seems in order, colonial Williamsburg is a powder keg on the verge of exploding, and her fiancé's cousin Noble Rynallt carries the flame of revolution in his heart. Those with connections to the British nobility are suspected as spies, and Liberty soon finds herself left with a terrible choice. Will she stay true to her English roots? Or side with Noble and the radical revolutionaries?

The Lacemaker is a great work of historical fiction by Laura Frantz. I have to say that it took me a little bit longer than normal to become really hooked on this story but once I was I finished it in one sitting. I struggled a bit on the first 1/4 of the story but after that I was fully caught up in Liberty and Noble's story. As always Laura did a great job writing with historical accuracy and transporting the reader back in time. 



4 out of 5.  


I received a copy of this book from Revell for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment