Monday, March 5, 2018

A Passionate Hope Review


Hannah and her husband, Elkanah, share a deep and abiding love, for each other, for their God, and for his tabernacle at Shiloh. Greatly disturbed by the corruption of the priests, they long for restoration and pray for a deliverer. But nothing changes as the years pass. Years that also reveal Hannah to be barren.

Pressured by his family to take another wife, Elkanah marries Peninnah, who quickly begins to bear children. Disgraced and taunted by her husband's new wife, Hannah turns again to prayers that seem doomed to go unanswered. Do her devotion and kindness in the face of Peninnah's cruelty count for nothing? Why does God remain silent and indifferent to her pleas?

A Passionate Hope by Jill Eileen Smith is an wonderfully retelling of the Biblical story of Hannah. While it could be argued that I'm biased when it come to this particular bible character, (we share the same name) I'm being honest when I say that this is one amazing story of biblical fiction. I've always admired the strong faith that my namesake is known for and the way she is portrayed in this story did not let me down. If your a fan of Biblical fiction A Passionate Hope is something you should pick up. 

5 out of 5. 


I received a copy of this book from Revell for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment