Monday, June 25, 2012

The Touch Review


Andrew Jones has an incredible gift. He’s a doctor who has amazing skills in surgery and a promising future. But one fatal accident changes everything when Jones can’t save the young woman he loves. Abandoning his special gift and avoiding the memories that flood his mind when operating, Jones shuns the operating room. Lara Blair owns a biomedical engineering company that’s developing a surgical tool that copies the exact movement of a surgeon’s hand. So far all of the surgeons that Lara has recruited, the best in the world, have tried and failed. The project seems like a lost cause until they discover Andrew Jones. Jones wants no part of anything to do with surgery or the memories that come with it. But Lara is determined to get him to work with her, he’s her last hope.

The Touch by Randal Wallace was a touching story. (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself) It kept me entertained but it was kind of touch and go. (Again, sorry but it was just too tempting) I don’t know if I’d read it again but I don’t regret picking it up. There was one thing throughout the book that I found troubling. It was the statement “There are only two things anyone must know: there is a God, and that God loves us. That is all we need to know.” I think we need to know more than that. But other than needing to add a touch (I’m having too much fun) more to this area of thought, all in all it was an okay book.

I give it a 4 out 5. I would have enjoyed an Afternoon Snack a little more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment