Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Lady Jayne Disappears Review




When Aurelie Harcourt's father dies in debtor's prison, he leaves her just two things: his wealthy family, whom she has never met, and his famous pen name, Nathaniel Droll. Her new family greets her with apathy and even resentment. Only the quiet houseguest, Silas Rotherham, welcomes her company.

When Aurelie decides to complete her father's unfinished serial novel, writing the family into the story as unflattering characters, she must keep her identity as Nathaniel Droll hidden while searching for the truth about her mother's disappearance--and perhaps even her father's death.

Lady Jayne Disappears is the fantastic debut novel by Joanna Davidson Politano. The book has a vintage feel to the way that it's written that instantly grabbed my attention. I loved feeling like I was picking up a beloved classic every time I sat down to read. Aurelie is a sweet, somewhat naive character who's narration drives this story. I'm glad that Joanna Davidson Politano is now on my radar because I can't wait to read whatever else she comes up with in the future. Please do yourself a favor and read Lady Jayne Disappears. 

5 out of 5.  

I received a copy of this book from Revell for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment